Sound Devices releases v3.00 for the MixPre Series Recorders!
Introducing the highly anticipated v3.00 firmware update for the MixPre series of audio recorders.
MixPre v3.00 adds the following features and enhancements:
- Ambisonic and binaural recording, monitoring, and playback for the MixPre-6 and MixPre-10T
- Support for third-party USB linear fader control surfaces
- Pre-roll buffer for the MixPre-3, MixPre-6, and MixPre-10T
- Wireless control and metering for MixPre-M models via Wingman application for iOS and Android devices
- ASIO drivers for MixPre-M models
The new Ambisonics Plugin for MixPre-6 and -10T is a key addition to v3.00 for field recording, game development and VR content creation. It is a way to improve the recording capabilities of 360° spatial audio on the MixPre series. This plugin pairs perfectly with the popular AMBEO VR microphone from Sennheiser. Here are the highlights:
- A-Format, B-Format, and A- to B-Format conversion
- Real-time binaural and stereo monitoring
- Simultaneous recording of AmbiX, FuMa, LR Stereo, and LR Binaural
- Additional microphones may also be supported
There are four affordable third-party USB control surfaces that can now connect to MixPre and control linear faders, trim (gain), pan, low cut, record, stop, playback, reverb (for M Models) and more. This feature is ideal for film students as well as those recording music. Here are the supported control surfaces: (other control surfaces do not apply)
- Novation Launch Control XL
- Akai MIDIMix
- Korg nanoKONTROL Studio
Finally, musicians recording with MixPre can now use the Sound Devices Wingman application on their mobile device to view high-resolution meters and remotely control features like record, stop, and playback; compatible with iOS and Android. The Wingman app communicates via Bluetooth Smart with the MixPre-M models as well as the MixPre-3, -6, and -10T running the Musician Plugin.
To download v3.00 please visit https://www.sounddevices.com/support/downloads
To access the Ambisonics plugin please visit https://store.sounddevices.com/product/musicians-plugin/
Note: a firmware update to v3.00 is required prior to uploading the Ambisonics plugin