Lectrosonics DCR822/DBSMD Digital Dual Channel Bundle w/Sanken COS-11 Lavalier Microphones - A1/B1
Frequency: Both A1 (470.100 - 537.575 MHz - Blocks 470, 19, and 20) & B1 (537.600 - 614.375 MHz; Blocks 21, 22 & 23)
- (1) Lectrosonics DCR822 Dual Channel Portable Receiver
- (2) Lectrosonics DBSMD Digital Dual Battery Wireless Microphone Transmitter & Recorders
- (2) Sanken COS-11 Lavalier Microphones
- (2) TA3F - XLRM Audio Output Cables
- (1) TAI SR Locking BDS Cable
Lectrosonics DCR822 Dual Channel Portable Receiver
The DCR822 digital receiver provides the highest level of RF and audio performance available with a versatile feature set in a compact design for field and location production. Settings can be made from the front panel with tactile buttons and LCD interface, making the unit ideal for use in portable bag systems and on sound carts. An RF spectrum analyzer and SmartTune are built into the receiver to alleviate interference problems in an increasingly congested RF spectrum.
The mechanical design of the receiver fits into the same dimensions as the older UCR411A and combines field-proven features developed over many years of experience in motion picture and television production. To decrease weight, the DCR822 provides a dual channel receiver in one unit powered by 4 AA Lithium batteries or external DC. The receiver is also equipped with both an IR port and microSD card slot for data transfer. The machined aluminum housing and panels are surfaced with a hard-anodized finish with laser etched markings to withstand the rigors of field production.
The RF gain stages in the front end use a newly developed design to provide low noise RF amplification, excellent sensitivity and extremely low susceptibility to intermodulation and de-sensitization.
An ideal diversity system constructively combines all the energy available at both antennas. Traditional “true diversity” or “ratio diversity” methods use two complete receivers and blend the audio. This works well for FM and Digital Hybrid systems but falls short of the ideal for today’s all-digital modes. The DCR822’s Vector Diversity subsystem smoothly and continuously combines RF signals from two receiver front ends per channel, with differing phase angles in order to obtain maximum energy. Not only does this method deliver clean, artifact-free performance in all modes, it is actually able to take two signals compromised by multipath interference and reassemble them into a usable signal.
The DCR822 offers compatibility with the D Squared and Duet digital transmitters, including the DBu, DHu, DPr, DCHT, and M2T, and backward compatibility with any Digital Hybrid Wireless® transmitters including the SM and SMWB series, WM, HM Series, MM400 Series, HH Series, LT, LMb, UM400 Series, and SSM.
With a noise floor at -120 dBV and a frequency response to 20 kHz, high frequency noise in the source audio is more apparent than in conventional wireless systems. The Smart NR algorithm has three modes: When OFF, no noise reduction is performed; When NORMAL is selected, enough noise reduction is applied to remove most of the hiss from the mic preamp and some of the hiss from lavaliere microphones; When FULL is selected, enough noise reduction is applied to remove most of the hiss from nearly any signal source of reasonable quality- assuming levels are set correctly at the transmitter.
The DCR822 can record received audio on a microSD card, in the industry standard .wav (BWF) file format, at 24 bits, 48 kHz for compatibility with any audio or video editing software.
- Vector Diversity; continuous amplitude and phase matching for unparalleled RF performance
- (2) RF front ends per audio channel (True Diversity)
- Dual Independent receiver channels
- 24bit / 48kHz Digital Audio
- High Third Order Intercept (IP3) Performance of +15dBm (versus typical performance of +5 to +8dBm)
- Selectable (2) Analog and (4) AES3 Digital audio outputs on two TA3M connectors
- Powered by (4) AA batteries or external DC
- On-board Recording via microSDHC card in .WAV (BWF) file format
- Compatibility Modes for Digital Transmitters (DHu, DBu, DPr, DCHT, M2T) and Digital Hybrid Wireless Transmitters (SMWB, SSM, SM, LMb, HMa, LT, WM, HHa)
- Built-in RF Spectrum Analyzer
- SmartTune for quick auto frequency selection
- SmartNR™ for superior noise reduction with high-noise sources
- Built-in 1kHz audio test tone
- Machined Aluminum Housing with hard-anodized finish
- OLED display provides visibility in all lighting conditions
- AES-256 CTR mode Encryption with 4 different key policies
- Analog and AES3 digital outputs, menu selectable
Lectrosonics DBSMD Digital Single Battery Wireless Microphone Transmitter & Recorder
**This unit only works with digital receivers (DCHR/DCR822/DSQD)**
The DBSMD features a tuning range covering the A1 and B1 bands from 470-608 MHz or up to 614 MHz for the international E01 versions. The new transmitters include high-efficiency circuitry for extended run time, and offer RF power selections at 10, 25 and 50 mW. In addition, a new, selectable high-density transmission mode (HDM) allows for much tighter channel spacing (200 kHz between carriers), yielding more than double the operating frequencies per available spectrum. The units can be configured as either transmitters or recorders, with files stored on microSD card memory in the industry standard Broadcast Wave .wav (BWF) format at 24 bits, 48 kHz sample rate.
The extremely compact, rugged, and smooth SM Series form factor with rounded corners has long set the standard for miniature transmitters. These new units combine 100% digital architecture with 3 RF power levels plus a new HDM (high density mode) for extremely tight carrier spacing, yielding more than 24 channels operating within 6 MHz of available spectrum. Audio quality is 24 bit digital with 48 kHz sample rate, and the units can either record or transmit audio. If recording, the RF carrier can still be active, allowing the user to monitor battery life. Recording is in the standard .WAV (BWF) format. Time code support is included, using the TA5 input for jam sync purposes. Clock accuracy is better than 1 ppm, providing all-day synchronization.
Frequency Tuning Range
RF-intense multichannel and mobile venues must have a broad selection of frequencies available to alleviate interference
problems, especially with the emergence of DTV telecasts. Frequencies are selectable in 25 kHz steps across the broad tuning range of each frequency band.
Alternate Recording Function
Instead of transmitting, the transmitters may also be used as a stand alone recorder. The industry standard .wav (BWF) file format is compatible with essentially any
audio or video editing software.
NOTE: The transmitting and recording functions cannot be used simultaneously. Users must choose to transmit or record.
• 100% digital audio and transmission with extremely low audio noise floor
• 20 to 20 kHz frequency response in D2 mode, 112 dB dynamic range, with linear phase response
• Increased battery life vs. older digital units
• High pass filtering at 20, 35, 50, 70, 100, 120, and 150 Hz (much more flexible that most!)
• 3 selectable RF power settings: 10 mW, 25 mW and 50 mW
• Selectable HDM high density transmission mode for extremely tight carrier spacing (200 kHz)
• On-board Recording via microSDHC card in .WAV (BWF) file format, 24 bits, 48 kHz
• Timecode jam sync support via TA5 input jack, <1PPM accuracy
• AES-256 CTR mode Encryption with 4 different key policies
• Servo-bias microphone input, all “servo only” and “universal” wired lav and headset mics with TA5 connectors are compatible.