Sound Devices Releases Firmware v7.00 for the MixPre Original and MixPre II Series!
22nd Jun 2020
Sound Devices announces Firmware v7.00 for the MixPre Original and MixPre II Series!
Version 7.00 adds the capability to run one instance of NoiseAssist on the MixPre II Series.
- The optional NoiseAssist plugin for the MixPre II Series uses an advanced signal processing algorithm to reduce background noises such as traffic, generators, HVAC noise, and more.
- NoiseAssist is useful in many applications – fast turnaround productions where there is no time for post, live broadcast and streaming, preview on set, feeds to video village, IFB feeds, rough guide mixes, just to name a few examples.
- The plugin features a simple user interface with only one adjustment: the amount of background noise to suppress. One instance of NoiseAssist may be run on any channel, bus L or bus R.
- Available for download now at store.sounddevices.com for an introductory price of $300.
- Firmware version 7.00 or higher, available for free from the Sound Devices website, is required for NoiseAssist.
Additional Features added in v7.00
- Output delay enhancements
- The MixPre-3 II and MixPre-6 II now have up to 400 ms of output delay available.
- Output delay now applies to USB outputs for the MixPre-3 II, MixPre-6 II, MixPre-10 II, and MixPre-10T. Adding delay on USB outputs allows sound and picture to be more easily synced during live streaming applications.
- Additional sample rate options for the MixAssist plugin
- Support for P.I. Engineering’s X-keys® Programmable Keypads, Sticks & Keyboards.
- All current MixPre II Series models and legacy MixPre Series have received performance improvements.
- MixPre users may download firmware version 7.00 at: www.sounddevices.com/download
Contact your sales representative with any questions!