Sound Devices SL-2 Sneak Peak!
22nd Jan 2020
Sound Devices just showcase a sneak peak of what their new SL-6 Wireless Module for their 8 Series recorders. The final product isn't confirmed but this is the sneak peak image we get for now:
The SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module is the first model of a new range of SuperSlot™-based accessories which bring integrated multichannel wireless to the 8-Series mixer-recorders.
- Compatible with the 833, 888, and the Scorpio.
- Accepts two UniSlot or SuperSlot wireless receivers from Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Sony, and Wisycom.
- Built-in antenna distribution with antenna powering for active antennas or boosters.
- Two TA3 AES3 inputs for an additional 4 channels of digital audio.
- Powers via an 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Accepts either analog or digital audio from slot-in receivers.
- Ability to set and monitor multiple functions of a SuperSlot-compatible receiver from the 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Power on/off
- Set frequency
- RF Scan with visual representation of the RF spectrum
- Monitor transmitter battery, receiver audio, and RF levels
- Rugged, lightweight, and compact design.
- Mounts to the top of any 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Same width as the 833.
The SL-2 is slated to have a full announcement and release sometime in Q2 2020, so stay tuned for more information!